Thursday, September 12, 2019

Another day in Thermopolis

Yesterday they had the pool completely drained for cleaning.  This morning I woke up and the pool was completely filled. A few minutes later I was in the pool soaking. The water seemed a little warmer than the previous time I was in it.  Rox and I soaked for about 2 hours, came back to the camper and ate breakfast, then soaked again. After a late lunch we took a drive through the Wind River Canyon. I took some pictures, but they don't begin to show how amazing the canyon really is. A few more times in the hot springs and we were ready for bed.

The campground pool refilled with hot spring water

A view from the campground pool







The Boysen Dam at the head of the canyon provides hydro electric power, flood control and provides irrigation for over 100,000 acres of farmland


No comments:

Post a Comment