Saturday, August 17, 2019

Exit Glacier

Yesterday we took a boat to see glaciers.  Today I took a walk to see a glacier.  The glacier was called the "Exit Glacier" and it was in the Kenai Fjords National Park.  I drove to the ranger station, then took a 3 mile hike through the woods to see the glacier. I ended up at an observation point near the glacier. Several of the trails in the park were closed due to the sighting of a bear and her two cubs.  The bad news is that there is a forest fire north of us and the smoke from the fire is being blown out way. It makes it difficult to see and there is a smell of smoke in the air.

Thought I would give a quick driving summary:
  • We are 33 days into our trip.  
  • I've driven 6011 miles
  • I've used 528 gallons of diesel fuel
  • I've spent $1465.46 on diesel fuel.
  • I've added 7.5 gallons of diesel exhaust fluid (DEF) to the truck.
  • I've had my oil changed once.




Path to the glacier observation area


The river created from the melting of the glacier

Overlook at the glacier

Smoke is so thick that the sun is having a hard time shining through

No comments:

Post a Comment